Elephant Nature Park
Established in the 1990’s this is the original elephant sanctuary. Our aim is to provide a sanctuary and rescue center for elephants. The park is located 60km north of the city and provides a sanctuary for dozens of injured, abused and rescued elephants from all over Thailand.
Set in a natural valley, bordered by a river, the park is surrounded by mountains. The park also provides shelter to hundreds of dogs, cats, buffalo’s, horses and pigs. Visits to the park help support our regional projects and offer invaluable opportunities to help elephants and other animal conservation.
Enjoy a full day visit to Elephant Nature Park. Park visits are about spending quality time observing and being with the herd. We do not adhere to a strict schedule. The best way to make the most out of your visit is to relax and to watch and learn from the elephants.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 2500 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
- Drive for approximately 1:30 hours to Elephant Nature Park
- Meet rescued elephants and learn their names and stories
- See elephants enjoy freedom
- Watch elephants bathe in the river
- Buffet lunch
- Learn about Elephant Nature Park and Save Elephant Foundation work
- Return to Chiang Mai at 5:30 PM
Included in the price: lunch buffet, water, tea, coffee, English speaking guide, hotel transfer.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray.