Into the Wild Elephant Camp - Half day
At Into the Wild the elephants are free to do what they love the most as they roam in the vast forest, play contentedly in the refreshing river and enjoy their long lives post retirement.
We began Into the Wild to ensure that our elephants, who have become members of our extended family, could continue to thrive and live comfortable happy lives after working so hard for many years. Before joining us at Into the Wild our elephants spent their days giving rides to tourist as well as providing entertainment.
We recently established our camp with their well-being in mind and they have returned to their natural habitat, the serene jungle of Northern Thailand.
At Into the Wild we strongly believe in giving back to the community that helps us each day. Not only we employ local workers, all of whom are members of the Karen hill-tribe community, but we also provide clothing and supplies to villages surrounding the camp. It is our belief that the well-being of our local community and economy makes a stronger, more vibrant and positive global community.
Children younger than 9 years pay only 1200 Baht entrance fee.
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1700 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 6:30 – 7:00 AM
- Drive approximately 1.5 hour to Into the Wild elephant camp
- Stop at a local market for a short tour and to buy supplies
- Meet the elephants and learn how to prepare food for them
- Walk with our elephants into the jungle and feed, play and observe the way they live in their natural habitat
- Mud spa, bathing and brushing the elephants
- Thai lunch
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 1:30 PM
Included in price: transportation, English speaking guide, water, lunch.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray