Happy Elephant Home
Our day has been designed to give you a wonderful experience without riding, hurting or exploiting these beautiful animals. Come and experience a fantastic day, helping us take care of these amazing creatures. Spend the day feeding, bathing and learning interesting facts about Asian elephants in their natural environment.
We are a small sanctuary with between 5 to 10 elephants. All our elephants are rescued from places where they had to work hard, without much time to eat, drink and socialise with other elephants. At our farm they can roam free, swim in the river, take a mud bath and eat whenever and as much as they want.
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1700 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 7:00 – 7:30 AM (morning program) or pick up from your hotel between 2:00 – 2:30 PM (afternoon program)
- Drive approximately 1:30 hour to Happy Elephant Home
- Change to traditional Karen clothing
- Introduction about Asian elephants and Happy Elephant Home by your guide in English
- Meet the elephants and start feeding them to become friends
- Walk with the elephants to the river and go bathing with them
- Enjoy lunch or dinner
- Return to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 1:30 PM (morning program) or return to your hotel around 8:00 PM (afternoon program)
Included in price: Thai or vegetarian lunch, water, coffee, tea, pick up and drop off in Chiang Mai city, English speaking guide, change of clothing.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray