Chiang Mai Elephant Land
The life of an elephant in modern Thailand can be difficult. Too many are employed in practices negative to their welfare. Such as performing circus style tricks, walking on roads, working in heavy industry or exploited at popular beach locations.
At Chiang Mai Elephant Land we aim to provide a better life for our elephants by giving them un-spoilt land on which to roam, rich forests to enjoy, beautiful waterfalls and rivers in which to bathe and relax and provision of organic, natural food.
Chiang Mai Elephant Land promotes sustainable, ethical, eco-friendly tourism and ensures your elephant experience does no harm to the animals or to the environment. From feeding to washing and bathing, hugging and holding, we offer you a unique opportunity to care for these amazing creatures. Elephant Land, a special place for elephants and humans.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 2300 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
- Drive approximately 1.5 – 2 hours to Elephant Land near Doi Inthanon national park
- Start your adventure preparing traditional elephant medicine and feeding the elephants a big breakfast
- Take the elephants for a 45 minute walk through the jungle, rice paddies and beautiful scenery
- Come back to the camp for a delicious lunch
- Take a mud bath with the elephants
- Walk to the waterfall and enjoy bathing and cleaning the elephants
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 5:30 PM
Included in price: uniform, lunch, water, English speaking guide, transportation.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray