Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary - Half day
Founded in 2017 this is one of the newest elephant sanctuaries in Chiang Mai. Run by local Lanna people who absolutely love their elephants. They have fifteen adult elephants and one baby elephant who is about 2 years of age. You will spend the day feeding, observing, bathing and walking with the elephants. The entrance price for this fantastic elephant sanctuary is unbeatable.
Children younger than 8 years get a 50% discount.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 1500 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM (morning program) or pick up from your hotel between 1:30 – 2:00 PM (afternoon program)
- Drive approximately 1 hour to Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
- Change into traditional Lanna clothing and introduction about our elephant sanctuary
- Spend time to meet, greet, feed and play with our elephants
- Trekking for about 30 minutes with the elephants along the sanctuaries trails
- Take a natural mud bath with the elephants
- Bath, wash and brush the elephants in the pool
- Change clothes and enjoy traditional Thai lunch or dinner
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 1:00 PM (morning program) or return to your hotel around 6:30 PM (afternoon program)
Included in the price: transportation, lunch or dinner, water, fresh fruit, English or Chinese speaking guide.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray.
How can I book this tour? Please fill in the booking request at the bottom of this page. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Would you like to visit the Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary for a full day instead? Check out the full day tour >>