Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
Founded in 2017 this is one of the newest elephant sanctuaries in Chiang Mai. Run by local Lanna people who absolutely love their elephants. They have 4 older elephants and 2 babies of around 1 year old. You will spend the day feeding, observing, washing and walking with the elephants. The entrance price for this fantastic sanctuary is unbeatable.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 1500 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM (morning program) or pick up from your hotel between 1:00 – 1:30 PM (afternoon program)
- Drive approximately 1 hour to Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
- Change into traditional Lanna clothing and introduction about our elephant sanctuary
- Spend time to meet, greet, feed and play with our elephants
- Trekking for about 30 minutes with the elephants along the sanctuaries trails
- Take a natural mud bath with the elephants
- Bath, wash and brush the elephants in the pool
- Change clothes and enjoy traditional Thai lunch or dinner
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 1:30 PM (morning program) or return to your hotel around 6:30 PM (afternoon program)
Included in the price: transportation, lunch or dinner, water, fresh fruit, English or Chinese speaking guide.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray