Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
Founded in 2017 this is one of the newest elephant sanctuaries in Chiang Mai. Run by local Lanna people who absolutely love their elephants. They have fifteen adult elephants and one baby elephant who is about 2 years of age. You will spend the day feeding, observing, bathing and walking with the elephants. The entrance price for this fantastic elephant sanctuary is unbeatable.
Children younger than 8 years get a 50% discount.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 1800 THB
Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
Drive approximately 1 hour to Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
- Change into traditional Lanna clothing and introduction about our elephant sanctuary
- Spend time to meet, greet, feed and play with our elephants
- Learn to make traditional herbal medicine and feed the elephants
- Traditional Thai lunch and fresh fruit
- Trekking for about 90 minutes with the elephants along the sanctuaries trails
- Take a natural mud bath with the elephants
- Walk to a river to bathe, brush and wash the elephants
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 5:30 PM
Included in the price: transportation, lunch, water, fresh fruit, English or Chinese speaking guide.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, shoes, sunscreen and mosquito spray.
How can I book this tour? Please fill in the booking request at the bottom of this page. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Would you like to visit the Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary for half a day instead? Check out the half day tour >>