Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
Founded in 2017 this is one of the newest elephant sanctuaries in Chiang Mai. Run by local Lanna people who absolutely love their elephants. They have 4 older elephants and 2 babies of around 1 year old. You will spend the day feeding, observing, bathing and walking with the elephants. The entrance price for this fantastic sanctuary is unbeatable.
Children younger than 8 years get a 50% discount.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 1800 THB
Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
Drive approximately 1 hour to Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary
- Change into traditional Lanna clothing and introduction about our elephant sanctuary
- Spend time to meet, greet, feed and play with our elephants
- Learn to make traditional herbal medicine and feed the elephants
- Traditional Thai lunch and fresh fruit
- Trekking for about 90 minutes with the elephants along the sanctuaries trails
- Take a natural mud bath with the elephants
- Walk to a river to bathe, brush and wash the elephants
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 5:30 PM
Included in the price: transportation, lunch, water, fresh fruit, English or Chinese speaking guide.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray