Chiang Dao - Two Days Trekking
We will take you on a trekking to one of Thailand’s most beautiful national parks, the Pha Daeng National Park in Chiang Dao, Northern Chiang Mai province. Home to the 3rd highest mountain in Thailand, Doi Luang, 2225m above sea level. During the hike you will see spectacular views of surrounding peaks and we will hike to waterfalls and hill tribe villages without other tourists in sight. Enjoying the beauty of this rainforest and its diverse flora and fauna, with big old trees and beautiful vines and bamboo growth. This trek will offer you a more authentic experience than any other. We will spend the night in a homestay with beautiful panoramic views all around. Wake up and see the mountain mist rolling through the valleys below.
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 2700 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 7:30am – 8:00am
- Drive for approximately 1.5 hour to Pha Daeng National park in Chiang Dao.
- Stop at a local market to get supplies for the trek.
- Start the trek at a rural school and hike for 3 Kilometers to a waterfall where we can swim and relax.
- Our real hike begins now 3 Kilometers up to the side of the mountain with fantastic views of Doi Luang.
- If we are lucky we have the possibility to see wild pigs, deer, monkeys and wild chickens.
- Stop for lunch at a view point.
- After lunch we carry on hiking through the rain-forest for about 7 Kilometers enjoying the breath taking views and nature until we reach our viewpoint home-stay for the night.
- Have dinner and enjoy your evening under the stars.
- Day 2.
- Wake up to a sea of mist over the mountains and have breakfast, we will start trekking at 9am.
- Hike for about 6 Kilometers to pass a Lahu Hill tribe village.
- Have lunch in the rainforest.
- Carry on our journey for another 6 Kilometers to a big waterfall where we can relax and swim after this we will hike for another 2 Kilometers to the ending point and drive back to Chiang Mai.
- Arrive in Chiang Mai around 6pm.
Included in the price: Transportation, English speaking guide, lunch, breakfast, dinner, water, fruit, National park entrance fees, overnight stay.
What to bring: Small backpack, tissue paper, money to buy drinks (300 THB), walking shoes, swimming gear, towel, insect spray, sunscreen, rain jacket, change of clothing, toothbrush, warm clothing (it can get cold in the night time).