By Ethnic Hilltribe Eco Trails
We will take you on a trekking to one of Thailand’s most beautiful national parks, the Pha Daeng National Park in Chiang Dao, Northern Chiang Mai province. Home to the 3rd highest mountain in Thailand, Doi Luang, 2225m above sea level. During the hike you will see spectacular views of surrounding peaks and we will hike to waterfalls and hill tribe villages without other tourists in sight. Enjoying the beauty of this rainforest and its diverse flora and fauna, with big old trees and beautiful vines and bamboo growth. This trek will offer you a more authentic experience than any other.
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1800 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 7:00am – 7:30am.
- Drive for approximately 1.5 hour to Pha Daeng National park in Chiang Dao.
- Start the trek at a rural school and hike for 1.5 hours to a waterfall where we can swim, have lunch and relax.
- After the waterfall we will start the second part of our hike. 1 hour up to the mountain past a hill tribe village and their tea plantation.
- The last hiking trail is parallel to Doi Luang and will take about 3 hours; at some parts of the trail we can see the mountain side of Doi Luang through the trees.
- If we are lucky we have the possibility to see wild pigs, deer, monkeys and wild chickens.
- Our hike will end around 4pm and we will drive back to Chiang Mai arriving around 5:30pm back to your hotel.
Included in the price: Transportation, English speaking guide, lunch, water, fruit, National park entrance fees.
What to bring: Small backpack, tissue paper, walking shoes, swimming suit, towel, insect spray, sunscreen, rain jacket, money to buy drinks (200 THB).