Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
Elephant Jungle Sanctuary is an ethical and sustainable eco-tourism project located approximately 60km from the city of Chiang Mai. Founded in July 2014, it is a joint initiative between members of the Karen hill-tribes and Chiang Mai locals who were concerned about the welfare of elephants in Thailand.
Our mission is to provide as many elephants as possible with good health, freedom and happiness. We use our progressive and ethically responsible approach to elephant eco-tourism as a platform to raise awareness and educate people from Thailand and around the world about elephant care and the plight of the Asian elephant.
At the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary we enforce a strict NO riding policy. We do not make our elephants work or perform.
Itinerary & Practicalities
Price: 2400 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
- Drive approximately 1:30 hour to Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
- Arrive and change into traditional Karen clothing
- Learn about the history, anatomy and behavior of Asian elephants
- Feed, observe, play and interact with the elephants in their natural environment
- Thai lunch buffet
- Learn about traditional elephant medicine and create organic herbal dietary supplements for the elephants
- Mud spa with the elephants
- Enjoy bathing and brushing the elephants
- Drive back and arrive in Chiang Mai around 5:30 PM
- Included in the price: Transportation, lunch, water, fresh fruit, English or Chinese speaking guide
Included in the price: lunch buffet, water, tea, coffee, English speaking guide, hotel transfer.
What to bring: Swimming gear, towel, sunscreen and mosquito spray.