We will take you to an elephant camp where you will feed, wash and swim with the elephants. After this we will explore the jungles of Mae Wang and Doi Inthanon in Southern Chiang Mai province, spend the night in a Karen Hill-tribe village and raft down the Mae Wang river on a bamboo raft. This exciting jungle trek will show you everything Chiang Mai has to offer!
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1800 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00 – 8:30 AM
- We will pick you up from your hotel and drive approximately 1 hour South of Chiang Mai.
- Visit a local market to buy supplies.
- Spend about 1 hour with the elephants and enjoy feeding and bathing in the river with them.
- Have lunch at the Karen tribal village.
- The trek will start in the Karen tribal village.
- Trek for approximately 3 hours through the jungle to a local Karen village where we will have dinner and spend the night.
- Have breakfast and coffee or tea.
- Start trekking for approximately 2 hours to a waterfall.
- Visit a waterfall where we will have lunch, swim and relax.
- After lunch continue the trek to the Mae Wang river to start bamboo rafting.
- We will end our adventure with a one hour bamboo raft trip.
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel the next day around 5:30 PM
Included in the price: transportation, English speaking guide, lunch, breakfast, dinner, National park entrance fees, overnight stay.
What to bring: small backpack, tissue paper, money to buy drinks (300 THB), walking shoes, swimming suit, towel, insect spray, sunscreen, rain jacket, change of clothing, toothbrush, warm clothing (it can get cold in the night time).