Doi Inthanon National Park
Doi Inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand. Join a day trip to this National Park famous for fresh air, beautiful flora and fauna, waterfalls, hill tribes and scenic views. Follow our guide Boom on the Pha Dok Siew trail and learn how the tribes survive in the forest. Make sure you bring some warm clothing because the climate is cooler year round. The average daily temperatures are 10 – 15 °C on the summit.
Our main attractions in Doi Inthanon national park will be the highest point in Thailand, the twin pagodas with spectacular views, Wachirathan waterfall and 3 other waterfalls during the trail. The highlight of the day will be the 2 hour hike following the Pha Dok Siew trail with a local hill tribe guide. Our guide will explain you how tribal villagers use the forest to make medicine, food and tools. We will also make a visit to the White Karen hill tribe village and Hmong hill tribe market, these hill tribes are famous for their coffee and you will get the chance to try their product.
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1600 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 7:30 – 8:00 AM
- Drive approximately 1.5 hour to Doi Inthanon national park
- Visit the Wachirathan waterfall
- Start the 2 hour hike; along the trail you will see waterfalls, birds, flowers, rice fields and scenic views
- Visit the White Karen hill tribe village famous for their coffee plantations
- Try the local coffee and have lunch at the village
- Drive to the highest point in Thailand and visit the cloud forest
- Drive to the Twin pagoda and see the beautiful gardens and panoramic views
- Drive back to Chiang Mai
- Return to your hotel around 6 PM
Included in price: transportation, English speaking guide, National park entrance, lunch, coffee.
What to bring: bring a jacket, temperature will be around 12 degrees Celsius on the summit, water, mosquito spray, sunscreen, swimming suit, towel.