Learn how to cook with the “sufficiency economy”. You will understand how the people in the countryside can survive and live of the land.
This great cooking school is located on a farm about 20 KM outside the city of Chiang Mai. Most of the products used during the course are home grown. You will visit a local market where you will learn about the different kinds of rice, vegetables, spices and herbs used in the Thai kitchen.
This is a great cooking school if you want to learn more than just the basics!
Itinerary & Practicalities
price: 1200 THB
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:20 – 8:50 AM
- Visit a local market
- Tasting herbs in our farm
- Welcome snack and introduction
- Start cooking 7 dishes from 7 different categories
- Return to your hotel around 5 PM
The 7 different dishes:
- Stir fried (Pad Thai, fried cashew nut, pad see uw or stir fried hot basil)
- Salad (Papaya salad, glass noodle salad or laab)
- Soup (Tom yum, Tom kha or Tom sab)
- Spring roll
- Curry paste (Red, green, panang, massaman or khao soi)
- Curry (Red, green, panang, massaman or khao soi)
- Dessert (Mango sticky rice, banana in coconut milk or deep fried banana)
After cooking the 3rd dish we will have a 30 minute break and you can relax in the hammock or walk around and explore our farm.
All students will get our cooking book so you can make Thai food for your family and friends at home.